Thursday, June 23, 2011

Transfusion - Finished!

I thought I would add a short update following my transfusion. All went well. Many of you know I'm not a good pill taker. So the worst part of the day was having to take 2 pills as precaution against an allergic reaction to the blood. :-)  I knew the pills were part of the orders so I took my own "props" - orange juice and a banana. I got the pills down and the rest of the day was easy after that! :).

The blood was red. I had hoped for blue. But I guess it wasn't a match. That was humbling. :-)  The most exciting part of the day was when the nurse was unhooking me, she forgot to clamp off the tube to my port so I was baptized in blood.  I don't know if it was my blood or the "other person's", but it was all red!  So my first task when I got home was to do laundry!  But all is well! 

Thanks for your prayers and concern.  I do have pink skin now and color in my cheeks!  Amazing!  The life is definitely in the blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment